NEC Display Solutions of America, a leading provider of commercial LCD display and projector solutions, announced today the MultiSync® X981UHD display, a 98-inch ultra-high-definition (UHD) model with features and functionality to help organizations see their content in a whole new way.
The X981UHD display – with a 3840 x 2160 native resolution – delivers four times the resolution of full HD, and coupled with its 60 Hz refresh rate through a DisplayPort connection, gives viewers an immersive experience and clarity they have not seen before.
NEC Display is bringing the award-winning color adjustment capabilities of its high-end professional graphics displays to digital signage. Through the new SpectraView Engine, organizations have the ability to manipulate the color of certain sections within the display to enhance their business needs. This allows them greater flexibility with providing more realistic and visually appealing content when colors matter most.
The display also has the ability to enhance content non-native to the resolution of the panel. Expanding on normal upscaling, when a full high-definition signal is brought into the system, the new UHD Upscaling feature takes into account the brightness and color of surrounding pixels and adjusts the target pixels accordingly to provide an even sharper and richer image. This is ideal when the display is used for presentation purposes as not every source involved will output native UHD. In addition, if multiple sources need to be viewed concurrently, Multi Picture Mode can be enabled allowing up to four sources to exhibit simultaneously on the display. These sources can be rotated and resized allowing flexibility for branding objectives in retail, video conferencing in corporate, and monitoring in command and control.
“The new 98-inch UHD display is not only our largest display to date, but also our most state-of-the-art as far as features and functionality,” said Keith Yanke, Senior Director of Product Marketing at NEC Display. “NEC is bringing new aspects to its large screen display lineup, including full 3840 x 2160/60Hz playback, its SpectraView Engine, and Multi Display Mode options which truly set the display apart from other UHD displays on the market.”
- Investment protection through 3-year parts and labor warranty, including the backlight
- First-class image quality due to a high performance S-IPS LCD panel, 500 cd/m2 maximum brightness, and 10-bit color performance
- Full metal chassis with integrated temperature sensors, fans, and LED direct backlighting allow for 24/7 continuous runtimes by protecting the unit while minimizing heat output
- Added flexibility via a multitude of digital inputs, including DisplayPort, HDMI and DVI as well as landscape and portrait orientation compatibility
- Unprecedented color adjustment, external control and networking capabilities through full NEC Display Solutions software support (NaViSet Administrator, PD Comms,SpectraView, MultiProfiler and NEC Display Wall Calibrator)
The X981UHD display will be available in February 2015 at a minimum advertised price of $39,999.