May 25, 2021 - A few years ago, one of Apantac's Military customers asked the company whether Apantac had thought about making a DA that did not require external power. Apantac already had products available that used a small 5V power supply so the company suggested those to them.
However, Apantac's customer explained to the company why a DA without external power would be a better solution...
- Military applications often rely on UAVs (Unmanned Arial Vehicles) for surveillance and other missions.
- Since every mission needs to be recorded, they needed two simultaneous outputs; one for the operator and another one for the recording device. However, if the power supply fails on the DA, the operator can no longer observe the mission. Thus, a DA that requires power introduces a possible point of failure. In order to record the mission without a passive device like the DA-2HD, a video camera records the monitor in real-time.
Here at Apantac, the company loves a challenge, and therefore a few months later Apantac introduced the DA-2HD splitters/distribution amplifier.
BUT, there's more....
After this tidy little solution was on the market a while, Apantac's broadcast customers started asking for a single rack-mount of these units for a particular application for feeding redundant servers. Why? Because.....
- No single point of failure
- Uses no power at all
- Uses less space
- Zero rack space if mounted at the back of the rack
- More cost-effective
Therefore, we built the DA-2HDX-16, a rack mount for up to 16 DA-2HD units.
A TYPICAL APPLICATION: Feeding a production switcher and a router from the same sources
More product information at this link... and DOWNLOAD Datasheet for specifications.
- Compact 1x2 passive splitter
- No power required
- Cable reach up to 100 meters/330 feet end to end
- 3G / HD / SD SDI / ASI
- ALSO available in rack mount up to 16 units - Model: DA2HD-X16