Apantac, provider of cost-effective multiviewers, video walls, extenders, and signal processing solutions announced today that it has joined the openGear open architecture platform developed by Ross Video.
The openGear concept was introduced by Ross Video to allow equipment users to install modular gear from several manufacturers in a single card tray, saving both rack space and money.
The openGear platform is an ideal architecture for Apantac’s solutions, which are feature-rich, cost-effective, and address a vast number of professional audio video markets and applications. The Apantac products will enhance the wide range of solutions being offered on the openGear platform.
Apantac is offering the following products for the openGear platform:
- MicroQ-o: Production quality fixed quad-split. 3G, HD, SD SDI & CVBS inputs. HDMI and SDI outputs.
- MicroQ-Single-o: 3G to HDMI/SDI Scaler / Converter. Turn any HDMI monitor into a SDI Broadcast monitor. 3G/HD/SD-SDI input. HDMI and SDI outputs with OSD.
- Micro-UDX-o: Up/down/cross converter. Accepts 3G/HD/SD-SDI and CVBS inputs. SDI and HDMI outputs.
- DA-HDTV-SDI-o: HDMI/DVI to SDI Converter. With looping input and dual output. Built-in interlacer for 1080P input/1080i output
- US-3500-o: Universal Scaler with HDMI/DVI/VGA/YPbPr Input, SDI Output. With Genlock.
- US-3000-o: Universal Scaler with HDMI/DVI/VGA/YPbPr input, SDI Output without Genlock
“openGear is the industry standard open-architecture platform of choice that offers customers a comprehensive selection of best-in-class terminal equipment solutions,” comments Thomas Tang, President of Apantac. “We are very excited to join the openGear family. Many of our products are a perfect fit for this platform. It is our plan to continue to migrate more of our broadcast and professional AV products onto this platform.”
“We welcome Apantac to Ross’ openGear platform,” said Eric Goodmurphy, Director of Infrastructure, Ross Video. “It is important that our customers are given the choice to pick the best product for their needs - and in their price range. With the addition of Apantac, they now have another choice in terminal equipment.”