- EVEAH initiative will ensure proactive outreach to all Veterans who are eligible but not enrolled to receive VA healthcare services.
- Harris will provide system and software development services to meet VA's strategic goals.
- Project to eliminate disparities in access to care wherever they exist within the system.
MELBOURNE, FL/WASHINGTON, DC, October 19, 2011 — Harris Corporation (NYSE:HRS), an international communications and information technology company, has been selected to provide system and software development services for the Enhance the Veteran Experience and Access to Healthcare (EVEAH) initiative by the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). Harris was awarded a Blanket Purchase Agreement (BPA)— a one-year base contract, with a one-year option for service orders, and a ceiling of $199.6 million.
The EVEAH Initiative is part of the VA's global effort to ensure all Veterans receive the healthcare they have earned through their service. The VA is working to identify and communicate with eligible Veterans who are unaware of their benefits, do not know how to enroll, or have mobility limitations that make it difficult to receive inpatient care. It focuses on access and quality of care within the VA healthcare system.
Harris will provide the systems software development and ongoing support to meet the strategic goals of the EVEAH initiative. These goals require the modernization of existing IT systems and the ability to interface with the various information systems within the Veterans Health Information Systems and Technology Architecture (Legacy VistA). Initially, Harris has been awarded four (4) projects whose specific tasks are defined in individual call orders under the BPA:
- The VA Point of Service (VPS) Kiosk project will provide a convenient, easy to use, and effective method for the Veteran to access and manage their personal health experience as well as providing access to providers and system administration.
- The Public Quality and Safety Website (PQSW) project will redesign the existing Quality of Care website, to make the website more useful to the users.
- Under the National Utilization Management Integration (NUMI) project, Harris will provide continued support and ongoing maintenance, perform application updates, and enhance the NUMI with business functionality.
- The Bed Management System BMS project will develop a replacement information technology solution needed to support the management of beds in VA Medical Centers (VAMCs).
"Harris is proud to support the VA's efforts to find, enroll and serve all of our nation's eligible Veterans," said Jim Traficant, president, Harris Healthcare Solutions. "Harris delivers assured IT and communications solutions and services to meet the most sophisticated healthcare challenges, helping the VA deliver top-quality treatment no matter where Veterans live."
A nationally recognized leader in federal healthcare IT integration, Harris also offers commercial providers a full range of interoperability solutions, including IT infrastructure and management, clinical workflow and analytics, health information exchange, and imaging. Harris solutions improve healthcare quality, safety, efficiency, cost and outcomes by ensuring that the right information travels, with security and privacy, to the right person, at the right time, on the right device, at the point of care.