- Integrated file-based news production and playout system developed for RBC TV
- Industry-leading technology increases operational efficiency
- Today's needs resolved with one eye toward future developments
MOSCOW/MELBOURNE, FL, November 23, 2011 (NATEXPO, Stand A56) — Harris Corporation (NYSE:HRS), an international communications and information technology company, announced that Russia's first 24-hour news channel, RBC TV, has deployed a wide range of Harris technology to form a bespoke news production and playout system at its headquarters in Moscow.
The new Harris infrastructure and workflow solution brings greater operational efficiency to RBC TV by facilitating a tapeless, file-based workflow throughout the facility. The upgraded system stretches across the workflow from ingest to playout, driving the broadcaster's news, production and master control areas.
"Harris worked with us every step of the way to develop and design an operational environment that integrates our existing legacy systems into new technologies," said Mikhail Tereschenko, director of technology at RBC TV. "RBC TV has already noticed a dramatic increase in operational workflow and efficiency as a result of the upgrade. Most importantly, the Harris solution makes content easily accessible and easy to modify, enabling us to maximize the value of our existing media."
Harris Platinum™ large-scale and Panacea™ small-scale routing systems support facility-wide signal distribution at the infrastructure, while compact Harris HView™ multiviewer solutions simplify signal monitoring and management.
Highlights of the media workflow solution include:
- Harris® NEXIO AMP® servers for content ingest and storage
- NEXIO Farad™ storage provides real-time access to content and connects to the facility's newsroom system, allowing journalists to quickly create and edit content
- Harris Invenio® digital asset management software and near-line storage accelerate production speed with low-resolution viewing, editing and logging of content
- Invenio imports legacy data from the broadcaster's existing tape library and catalogs RBC TV's expanding digital tape library — enhancing intelligent content movement
- Automatic workflows permit file transfer and content management across all storage areas, with intelligent interfacing to scheduling and automation systems
- Harris® ADC™ automation tightly integrates with Invenio and the facility's traffic and scheduling system for seamless playout
"This project demonstrates Harris' market-leading capabilities to integrate various technologies and products to create a system solution that is uniquely matched to RBC TV's production needs," said Harris Morris, president, Harris Broadcast Communications. "RBC has built an efficient solution to meet today's challenges with the flexibility to scale and modify the system in the future."
In broadcast communications, Harris offers products, systems and services that provide interoperable workflow solutions for broadcast, cable, satellite and out-of-home networks. The Harris ONE™ solution brings together highly integrated and cost-effective products that enable advanced media workflows for emerging content delivery business models.