SEATTLE — October 31, 2018 — Panopto, a leading video platform provider for businesses and universities, and Matrox® Graphics Inc., a global manufacturer of reliable, high-quality encoder cards, appliances, and software, today announced the availability of the Matrox Maevex 6020 Remote Recorder, a new Panopto-certified media capture appliance.
The purpose-built appliance is tightly integrated with Panopto, providing customers with best-in-class live streaming and video recording in a compact, turnkey form factor. Production units are entering the manufacturing process and will initially be available to customers in the United States, United Kingdom, and Germany, with additional market availability planned for 2019.
Panopto and Matrox jointly developed the integrated solution in response to growing market demand for dedicated, compact, enterprise-grade video capture that requires minimal setup and configuration. The appliance is purpose-built for the Panopto video platform, providing businesses and universities with plug-and-play setup, multi-channel HD video capture and live streaming, near-silent operation, and one-touch recording controls on the device. Key capabilities include:
- Simplified setup - Simply connect power, network, and video sources. The pre-configured appliance easily connects to the Panopto server and registers as a remote recorder.
- Control room-compliant, near-silent operation - Under typical use cases, the appliance registers less than 25dB, making it perfect for in-room video capture and streaming.
- Dual 1080p capture - The Maevex 6020 works in concert with Panopto’s unique multi-channel video streaming engine, enabling viewers to watch dual HD feeds of the presenter and their content simultaneously.
- Reduced-latency live broadcasts - The Maevex 6020 and Panopto provide customers with low-latency video during live broadcasts to internal or worldwide audiences of any scale.
- Share videos to any device - The Maevex 6020 offers up to five different quality recordings per channel, with all videos automatically published to Panopto’s video content management system for convenient on-demand playback on any device.
- Scheduled or ad hoc capture - Through an easy-to-use web interface or mobile app, customers can schedule recurring or one-time events. And for ad hoc video capture, the front of the appliance includes one-touch controls for recording, pausing, and stopping.
- Secure, reliable operation – Highly locked-down firmware ensures secure, reliable, and virtually maintenance-free operation.
- Integration with visual indicators - Compatibility with Kuando™ BusyLight can provide presenters with a visual indication of whether the appliance is recording.
Videos captured by the Maevex 6020 are automatically uploaded to Panopto’s video content management system, where they’re indexed for inside-video search using speech recognition and on-screen text recognition. Videos can be edited using Panopto’s web-based video editor and securely shared with individuals or groups. And with Panopto’s built-in analytics, customers can track video engagement as well as completion and drop-off rates.
“Panopto and Matrox share a belief that video solutions should adapt to the logistical requirements of any learning environment,” said Eric Burns, co-founder and CEO of Panopto. “Through our partnership, we’re taking the next step toward this goal, providing customers with best-in-class video capture in a form factor that makes it an attractive option for any classroom, conference room, or auditorium.”
“By combining Matrox’s dedication to quality with Panopto’s commitment to providing the best user experience possible, universities and enterprise organizations are now equipped with a best-of-breed, end-to-end video streaming and recording platform—from capture all the way to consumption,” said David Chiappini, vice president of research and development at Matrox Graphics Inc. “It’s now easy for schools and businesses to create, manage, and share video assets—at the highest quality—with audiences across both on-premises and cloud locations.”
For more information about the appliance or to place an order, visit www.panopto.com/matrox or www.matrox.com/graphics/panopto.
Visit Panopto at EDUCAUSE 2018 (booth 1309) to learn more about the Matrox Maevex 6020 Remote Recorder.
Panopto helps businesses and universities create searchable video libraries of their institutional knowledge. Since 2007, the company has been a pioneer in video capture software, video content management systems, and inside-video search technology. Today, Panopto’s video platform is the largest repository of expert learning videos in the world. Headquartered in Seattle, with offices in Pittsburgh, London, Hong Kong, and Sydney, Panopto has received industry recognition for its innovation, rapid growth, and company culture. For more information, visit www.panopto.com.
About Matrox Graphics Inc.
Matrox Graphics is a global manufacturer of reliable, high-quality ASICs, boards, appliances, and software. Backed by in-house design expertise and dedicated customer support, Matrox products deliver stellar capture, extension, distribution, and display. Engineering high-quality products since 1976, Matrox technology is trusted by professionals and partners worldwide. Matrox is a privately held company headquartered in Montreal, Canada. . For more information, visit www.matrox.com/graphics.
Matrox Media Contact:
Matrox Media Relations
Tel: +1 (514) 822-6000
Matrox and Matrox product names are registered trademarks and/or trademarks of Matrox Electronic Systems, Ltd. and/or Matrox Graphics Inc. in Canada and/or other countries. All other company and product names are registered trademarks and/or trademarks of their respective owners.