VERO ST 2110 signal generator and diagnostic appliance enables manufacturers and broadcasters to confidently validate ST 2110 environments
MONTREAL, Quebec — February 18, 2021 — Matrox® Video today announces that the PCAP recorder feature is now available with the Matrox VERO ST 2110 signal generator and diagnostic appliance. Featuring high-bandwidth, packet-loss-free capture of up to two uncompressed UHD ST 2110-20 video with high-precision timestamping, VERO captures a perfect replica of network traffic in a PCAP file for proper post-analysis with the pre-installed European Broadcasting Union Live IP Software Toolkit (EBU LIST®). With PCAP recording integrated alongside a fully adjustable signal generator and signal diagnostics within an all-in-one appliance, broadcasters, system integrators, and manufacturers can confidently validate ST 2110 equipment for compliance before deployment.
Matrox VERO's key features and benefits:
- ST 2110 reference sender: Offers an adjustable ST 2110 reference sender allowing users to test receiver compliance and resilience in ideal to worst-case scenarios.
- PCAP recording: Captures a perfect replica of network traffic—including UHD video flows—in a PCAP file for ST 2110 diagnosis.
- EBU LIST integration: Comes pre-installed with the widely-respected European Broadcasting Union Live IP Software Toolkit (EBU LIST) diagnostic tool for user convenience and access.
- HD/Full HD/UHD: Features two independent output channels, each capable of generating one video, up to four audio, and one ancillary data flows. Each of the two channels can also be dedicated to independent video resolutions and frame rates—up to UHD at 60 FPS—which allows ST 2110 equipment manufacturers to verify multiple resolutions simultaneously, including support of ST 2022-7.
- Intuitive web-based interface: Works with any web browser, enabling users to operate diagnostic tools from anywhere on the network using any PC, tablet, or mobile device.
"As the benefits of ST 2110 become more apparent, we are seeing an increasing number of broadcast facilities building out their ST 2110 workflows," said Francesco Scartozzi, VP of sales and business development, Broadcast and Media Group at Matrox Video. "The first step in building out their IP footprint is to build their ST 2110 sandbox. Early adopters of the Matrox VERO solution are seeing the immediate benefits of having one appliance generate a wide variety of ST 2110 signals, ultimately testing the robustness of the environment. And now with PCAP recording, this unit becomes even more powerful, capable of capturing network traffic further file analysis with the EBU List."
The new PCAP recording feature is now available in the latest Matrox VERO driver, while the Matrox VERO ST 2110 signal generator and diagnostic appliance is now available through Matrox's worldwide network of authorized resellers. To request a demo or learn more, contact Matrox.