The D SERIES-PA3 is a high efficiency 3.5W power amplifier with two line inputs and an amplified output to drive 4 or 8 ohm speaker. The -PA3 features balanced line level input that may be connected unbalanced. The gain range will accommodate standard unbalanced levels as well as professional balanced levels.
The amplifier features stereo Mini-Jack input on the front panel. The input is designed to receive standard -10dBV consumer level signals from sources such as a computer or personal media player. The left and right audio signals received on mini-jack are summed to mono and amplified. When source is connected, rear-panel input is switched off. The amplified output level is controlled by a front-panel volume control.
A recessed slide switch on the side of the chassis is set during installation. This switch determines sensitivity of the balanced rear-panel input.
Amplification is provided by high-efficiency class D power stage with audio filtering tailored for crisp, pleasant audio clarity. The high-efficiency class D output stage produces negligible heat for all levels of expected voice or music modulation.
The D SERIES-PA3 is designed to be mounted in a wall box. The front panel does not include any illuminated indicators, making the -PA3 ideally suited to installation in dark rooms or areas. Wiring is connected through a rear-panel detachable terminal block. Module operation is from 24 Vdc ground-referenced power supply.
- Wall-mounted amplifier with 2 inputs
- Balanced input on the rear panel
- Mini-jack input on the front panel
- Automatic switching between inputs
- Source selection using solid-state switching
- Front-panel gain adjustment
- 3.5 Watt RMS audio amplifier into 8 Ohms
- 6.5 Watt RMS audio amplifier into 4 Ohms
- Output drives 4 or 8 Ohm speaker
- Speaker output on rear panel
- High-efficiency class D operation
- Speaker output connection on detachable terminal block
- Ultra-compact all metal construction
- Thermal and short-circuit protection