NEC Display Solutions of America has launched the MultiSync® X474HB, a large-screen display bringing an engaging digital signage option for high brightness environments and sunlight-proof operation.
The 47-inch specialty LCD display is designed to intelligently adapt to its surroundings, offering a bright, clear image when required, without wasting energy when it's not. Offering a brightness of up to 2000 cd/m2 – nearly three times that of most other professional large-screen displays – the X474HB is easily visible in shopping windows or cabinets for outdoor applications.
"NEC's X474HB display is designed to cope with the durability and readability challenges that often arise in sunlit areas. As such, this display is ideal for any heavy duty digital signage application that requires enhanced visual performance, flexible control and connectivity as well as long operating hours,” said Keith Yanke, Senior Director for Large-screen Displays and Projectors at NEC Display Solutions.
- Optimal visual ergonomics are ensured thanks to a 10-bit color S-IPS panel, which allows for deeper blacks and better off-angle viewing
- Direct LED backlighting and new localized dimming functionality allow for improved contrast ratio and lower power consumption
- A Quarter-Lambda optical film is integrated to overcome polarization of light emitted by the display. This guarantees full readability in semi-outdoor installations for both landscape and portrait orientations when wearing polarized sunglasses
- An NFC sensor is incorporated into the chassis which can be addressed via a matching app for Android devices. This will help reduce installation cost as several displays can be easily configured before they are mounted
- Built-in OPS (Open Pluggable Specification) option slot and expanded connectivity options, such as DisplayPort 1.2, give installers flexibility and reduce overall setup time
- The combination of intelligent power saving and thermal management features not only reduces energy usage, but also ensures that the display aligns with NEC's Green Visionfor sustainability and is as eco-friendly as possible
The X474HB display is available now at an estimated street price of $4,149. The display ships with a 3-year parts and labor warranty, including the backlight.