NEC Display Solutions of America, a leading provider of commercial LCD display and projector solutions, announced today the X841UHD display, an 84-inch ultra-high-definition (UHD) model delivering stellar picture clarity and four times the resolution of full HD.
With a 3640 x 2160 native resolution, this display offers a rich canvas for viewing a lot of data and details. Furthermore, this display supports the UHD resolution at 60Hz through the DisplayPort connection. This means quick-moving content is displayed smoothly. Its reliable 24x7 operation gives users the confidence for managing critical processes, and its first-class imagery can drive sales and brand relationships for public-facing applications.
Ideal for video conferencing and command and control centers, the X841UHD can display up to four simultaneous images at any given moment with Multi-Picture Mode capabilities. Giving the user further control, any one of these images can be rotated, moved, and manipulated.
“The new 84-inch UHD display offers not just more pixels but better pixels,” said Keith Yanke, Senior Director of Product Marketing at NEC Display. “With the X841UHD launch, NEC Display brings 4K UHD technology to its projector, desktop and large-format portfolio.”
Reinforcing NEC’s leading role in creating leading visual applications, and continued dedication to achieving the best in class visual experiences, the X841UHD display delivers colors users can trust, and uniformity through unprecedented software support and color control. The UHD model gives systems integrators, designers and others a high-end display that’s easy to service and built to address any solutions challenge.
The X841UHD display also comes with SpectraView Engine, a custom-designed color processor, and more connectivity options for investment protection. Command and control, retail, CAD/CAM design, video conferencing, rental & staging and simulation are just some of the applications that will benefit from its immersive experience.
Here are some of its other benefits:
- Native resolution of 3840 x 2160 at 60 Hz allows customers to display with clarity like never before
- High performance S-IPS LCD panel in tandem with 500 cd/m2 maximum brightness and 1400:1 contrast ratio means first-class image quality
- 10-bit color performance delivers superior color fidelity
- Full metal chassis with integrated temperature sensors and fans to protect the investment
- A multitude of digital inputs provides highly flexible connectivity
- Full software support (NaViSet Administrator, PD Comms, SpectraView, MultiProfiler and NEC Display Wall Calibrator) delivers unprecedented color control
- Reduced power consumption with LED edge lighting
- Landscape and portrait modes for installation flexibility
- Built-in dual 10W speakers
The X841UHD display will be available in November 2014 at an estimated street price of $16,999. The display ships with a 3-year parts and labor warranty, including the backlight.