NEC Display Solutions designs, produces and delivers display technology for a wide variety of markets. We specialize in large-screen LCD displays, desktop LCD monitors, direct view LED displays, and a diverse line of projectors for customers who demand the most high-quality, reliable display solutions to meet their needs.
NEC DISPLAY SOLUTIONS ENHANCES PORTABLE PROJECTORS WITH NEW INPUTS, FEATURES AND VIRTUALLY MAINTENANCE-FREE DESIGN
Posted on Tuesday, September 7, 2010
CHICAGO - September 7, 2010 - NEC Display Solutions of America, a leading provider of commercial LCD display and projector solutions, announced today its new M Series projectors, including the NP-M260X, NP-M260W and NP-M300X. These models were developed to address the needs of schools and offices on a tight budget that require a bright, wired network projector with remote monitoring and control capabilities. The model transitions include the NP-M260X replacing the NP410, NP-M260W replacing the NP410W and NP-M300X replacing the NP510.
Designed to keep audiences engaged during presentations, the NEC NP-M260X, NP-M260W and NP-M300X are value-driven, eco-friendly portable projectors ideal for education and small-to-medium-sized business environments. These models deliver remarkably bright images and feature wired and wireless (optional) networking, HDMI and USB inputs, high contrast (2000:1) and up to 6000 hours of lamp life (in ECO ModeTM). The M Series was created with the environment in mind and includes a carbon savings meter, energy-saving features such as Power Save (<1-watt in standby mode), quick startup and direct power off. Additionally, the projectors offer extended lamp and filter life, benefiting classrooms and boardrooms alike.
"The NP-M260X, NP-M260W and NP-M300X kick off this M Series update with a new chassis, a multitude of advanced technologies and broad connectivity," said Rich McPherson, Senior Product Manager of projectors for NEC Display Solutions. "The total cost of ownership of these projectors is a huge benefit to our customers when you take lamp changes into consideration. The maintenance-free design enables users to change their filter and lamp simultaneously after 6000 hours of use, which is a huge asset to any facility."
The NP-M260X, NP-M260W and NP-M300X include the following features:
* XGA native resolution (NP-M300X, NP-M260X) and WXGA native resolution (NP-M260W)
* Brightness up to 3000 lumens
* Lamp life up to 6000 hours when operated in ECO Mode
* 6000-hour filter life provides a virtually maintenance-free projector and lowers the total cost of ownership
* New cabinet design
* Ample input connectivity, including HDMI and USB
* 10-watt speaker
* Variable audio-out to connect the projector to an external speaker and control the volume with the projector's remote control
* RS-232 with less than 1 watt consumption in standby mode
* DICOM Simulation enables users in medical environments to display accurate diagnostic images
* Image Express Lite enables the wireless transmission of an image to the projector without the need for external components
* Wireless LAN Connection IEEE801.11n (optional)
* Cornerstone correction using PC software allows users to easily square an image when the projector is set up at an angle to the screen (available January 2011)
* Geometric Correction allows the projector to easily display an image on a cylindrical, spherical or other shaped screen without distortion (available January 2011)
* Auto vertical keystone correction instantly projects a square image even when the projector is set up at a steep offset angle to the screen
* USB Viewer allows users to present in seconds by using a flash drive to project jpeg images without a computer source
* Virtual Remote (DDC/CI) allows users to control the projector directly from a computer without the need for additional control cables
* Active lens cover enables presenters to immediately mute the audio and video, then seconds later lower the lamp brightness to 25% for a short period of time
* Closed captioning enables decoding and display of text information from a video source
* ECO Mode allows for multiple settings dependent upon the brightness required in the application and power savings desired by the user
* Carbon savings meter calculates the positive effects of operating the projector in ECO Mode, which is encouraged by an optional message at startup
The new M Series models will be available in October 2010 at an estimated street price of $799, $849 and $899 for the NP-M260X, NP-M260W and NP-M300X, respectively. The projectors ship with a 2-year limited parts and labor warranty. The lamp is covered for 1 year or 500 hours, whichever comes first. Education customers receive an additional year, and registered Star Student customers receive an additional 2 years on their warranty. To register for Star Student, visit www.necstarstudent.com for more information.
You must be logged in to add more than four items to your comparison list.
With a free My-iQ account, you'll be able to keep track of the latest updates and
event notifications from your favorite AV
manufacturers, manage your own projects and discover new pro-AV products.
helping our team to understand which sections of the website you find most interesting and useful.
Strictly Necessary Cookies
Strictly Necessary Cookie should be enabled at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings.
If you disable this cookie, we will not be able to save your preferences. This means that every time you visit this website you will need to enable or disable cookies again.